Monday, August 26, 2013

Kawaii in Pink


kawaii fashion

So here's my take on kawaii. It's a little toned down but as you can imagine, walking in this all pink outfit outside any major Japanese neighborhood can cause quite a stir. 

In this look I am wearing a Christie Brooks Kid's Dress. This is a relatively old hand-me-down dress from my sister. I was really small when I was younger and I never had the chance to use it. After so many years of being stuck in my closet (yes, I still have and still use a couple of my childhood clothes!), I finally got to wear it and believe it or not, it's still huge for me! I had to pin it at the back for a good fit. Maybe I didn't really grow that much. (´∩`。) I'm planning to have it tailored for repair. My mom said that this dress also had a big ribbon in front but she removed it because she thought it was outrageous. I guess I'll have to make a new one then.

kawaii accessories

How does that pink lollipop look? Kawaii ne? 

It's actually a pen! 

To make the look really kawaii, I used a pink scrunchies to tie my hair in a half side ponytail, used assorted ribbon clips, and wore my panda earmuffs. I also used different pink accessories that matches the whole look. I used my pink Hello Kitty envelope bag and for my footwear, I wore a pink wedge with bow and layered 2 frilly socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...