Saturday, June 22, 2013

Product Review: Hanskin Glossy Magic BB Cream


     BB cream or blemish balm cream is a hailed beauty product. It was formulated by a German dermatologist, Dr. Christine Schrammek and became extremely famous in Japan and Korea. It has become my favorite cosmetic product because it is an all-in-one make-up package. In this post I will be reviewing a BB cream by a famous Korean brand, Hanskin.

     My view of this product is based on my skin type which is both sensitive and oily with a few blemishes.



Hanskin Glossy Magic BB Cream

Hanskin glossy magic BB cream

Available in 35mL (upper picture) and 43.5mL (lower picture)
It's just weird that the front print of 35mL bottle says whitening and wrinkle
while the 43.5 only says whitening.

BB Cream


Korean BB cream


   Hanskin Glossy Magic BB Cream Ingredients

     I have made a little research on the benefits of the major ingredients in Hanskin's Glossy Magic BB Cream. First off, chamomile. Studies have shown that chamomile has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-allergenic and sedative properties. This can really help in reducing the redness of pimples as well as prevent new breakouts caused by bacteria. Aloe Vera is used in cases of burns and eczema because of its moisturizing properties. Good for keeping the skin hydrated! Purslane can nourish skin because it is rich in minerals, vitamin C and omega-3 fatty acids and soybean extract have anti oxidant as well as skin lightening properties.

How to apply BB cream

      This BB cream claims to whiten skin and prevent wrinkles. My little research on the components of the cream makes me believe it so. That’s some good start off points.

BB cream

     What I bought is a 35mL bottle. The packaging is simple; white plastic tube and pastel pink-colored cover.

BB cream

       The cream is bit runny but this is not a downside. It actually makes the cream easier to apply and blend. It has a light scent which is what I like about it. I don't like heavily scented cosmetics. The cream evens out the skin tone and finishes off with a glowing shimmer. I love how dewy and shimmery the face looks after applying the cream. Though this does not a good thing for my skin type, I still think that this is a positive point. I find that it also makes the skin feeling smooth after application. My skin is really sensitive and is prone to breakouts but this product did not cause me any pimples.

BB Cream

     On the other hand, this BB cream does not have SPF which is rather important in preventing premature skin aging due to UV rays. It also has a light coverage which made me need another layer of concealer to hide my imperfections. It is only available in one shade so it won’t be suitable for other skin tones. I guess I’m lucky enough that the color shade of the cream matches my face. The dewy and shimmering finish does not really compliment a hot or humid weather. If you have the same skin type as mine, the dewy finish is a no no but you can always apply a light dab of powder.That's what I do anyway.

Here’s a run-down of the things that I like and I don’t like about this product.

Positive:
♥  Skin whitening
♥  Anti-wrinkle
♥  Easy to blend
♥  Light scent
♥  Makes skin dewy and looking hydrated
♥  Frost finish
♥  Did not cause me pimples

Negative:
■ No SPF
■ Light coverage
■ Only 1 shade available - not suitable for all skin tones
■ Does not compliment oily skin
■ Not suitable for hot and humid weathers

     I highly recommend this product preferably to those with normal to dry skin. I find the hydration superb and the dewy look would definitely suit these skin types. I would still recommend this product to those with a combination skin type like mine (oily and sensitive). It did not cause me any breakouts and I just finish my face off with powder to tone down the dewiness. Though it has some negative points, I think that the positive still outweighs it.


Disclaimer: Please do not solely rely on the information I gave. This review is purely my thoughts and experience in using the product. You should always check the product yourself and consult with your dermatologist.









1 comment:

  1. What did you think of the no SPF protection? Most Korean BB creams have SPF, and I don't recall ever using one without... anyway, thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...